Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Simplest Things

Yesterday, after my husband and I picked up our little kindergartener from school, he took off the training wheels from his bike and then we went to a long alley so Nath can practice riding his bike. Nath was a little scared but his Tatay (that means dad in Filipino) assured him that he'd be there to catch him if he falls. And so they went up and down that alley, Nath struggling to gain his balance, while his tatay was jogging right beside him trying to keep him from falling. And there I was with my camera taking pictures of them.

My husband jokingly calls me the paparazzi because I'm always taking pictures of him and the kids, so they didn't think it was weird that I brought the camera with me. But you know what, I like taking pictures of things or events that make me smile. Even the most mundane things. Well, maybe they are mundane to other people, but not to me. One thing I've learned in my life, a lot of times it's the simplest things that matter the most. Things that other people take for granted. My childhood was, well, complicated. I didn't get to have the normal childhood that a lot of my friends had. Maybe that's why it doesn't take much to make me happy. And my adulthood... hmmm... it was more like a series of one bad decision after another. But things happen for a reason. Maybe I had to have the kind of life I had so that I could be the parent I am today. I am not perfect, that's for sure, but I would like to believe that I can at least try to be a good one.

But maybe, just maybe, all those things happened in my life, so that I could be where I am exactly right now. Standing on the side of the road with my camera, watching my wonderful husband and my sweet little boy, with my heart beaming with happiness. Well, if that were true, I would say that it was definitely worth it






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment! (^_^)